Quoteworthy


...quaecumque sunt vera, quaecumque pudica, quaecumque justa, quaecumque sancta, quaecumque amabilia, quaecumque bonae famae, si qua virtus, si qua laus disciplinae, haec cogitate.
-- Phil. 4:8

Curtain Call

The familiar wooden curves, the sky-high ceiling.
The polished stage, the folds of the curtain.
The seemingly endless seats, empty but for One.

A play.
I am an actor. I am acting.
My lines, my gestures
My intonation, my mannerism
My speech, my moves
Since when-
The play has not stopped since
Day and night, week and month, year and lifetime
New ones join, tired others go to backstage
never to return

A play?
The stage infinitely vast
The settings too
Any space and time
Curtain call-
no one knows when
No rehearsals nor audience
Plot unfolds
the way we want
although occasionally He
raises hand in disapproval
Elsewhen- nothing
All is drowned
in overcrowded, riotous chorus

A play!
We are all acting
not as gods nor animals
all roles humans
although sometimes
we long for those

Shakespeare:
"Life is a play."

Forgive this little soliloquy
Now back to
the play of Life

No comments: